Backman Vidcom, established in 1976, is the market leader for commercial audiovisual design and technology integration services in Atlantic Canada.
Our professional team carries the highest industry credentials, many years of experience and has well-established relationships with industry leading suppliers. We enjoy high repeat business with large government and private sector clients. We set a high standard for quality, safety and service within the industry and hold ourselves accountable to that standard on each project and for every client.
Our people are our
Maintaining a high level of competence with such a wide array of product lines requires a deep commitment to employee training and excellence.
Employee development is a continuous process with every member of staff being involved every year in professional and technical learning. Our people, sales and technical, are trained to high levels of competence in the product lines the company represents.
Our team holds many industry certifications including:
- Infocomm Certified Technology Specialist (ANSI) (CTS; CTS-I; CTS-D)
- Infocomm International – AV Design Level 1: Environment
- Extron Certified Control Professional
- Extron XTP Design Engineer
- Extron Certified Associate
- Introduction to Crestron
- Peavey MediaMatrix NION Level 2
- Peavey NION Programming and Application Design Certificate
- Biamp Audia and Vocia Level 2
- BSS Audio – Soundweb Level 2
- Nova Scotia Department of Labor – Communications Cabling Specialist
- L’Acoustics North America – V-DOSC, DV-DOSC and SOUNDVISION
- CEDIA Level 1 Installer
- Mobile Dynamics
- Media Dynamics
- Philips Strand Selecon Lighting – Factory trained Authorized Service Technician
- Rational Acoustics – SIA SMAART Live factory training
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Cisco IP Telephony 1 Course
- CS1000 M 5.5 Installation and Maintenance
- Meridian 1 Familiarization and Database Management
Our Mission is to help people find better ways to do great work by designing and integrating communication technologies, products and services that improve our customers’ work environments and business results.
- We are here to serve our customers.
- We act with honesty and integrity.
- We prioritize the safety of our employees, customers, and workplaces at all times.
- We are committed to excellence and innovation in our work.
- Our people are our greatest asset. We value their personal growth and development and strive for work/life balance
- We believe in Triple P bottom line management – People, Planet, Profit.
A commitment to Sustainability…
At Backman Vidcom we intend to provide our clients with the best communication technologies, products and services while also contributing towards a sustainable society in terms of the environment, the economy, and social equity.
We will be sustainable by optimizing environmentally friendly products, reducing packaging, waste, and reliance on fossil fuels, supporting the communities where we live and work, and providing opportunities to diverse members of our community.
Our mission includes a commitment to Triple P bottom line management – People, Planet, Profit.
Some ways we have contributed to sustainability over the past year include: commitment to energy rated equipment for our customers, converting to smaller vehicles, reducing and recycling waste, donating and supporting many organizations in our area, buying local, and becoming a certified women business enterprise (WBE) ourselves.